Hey everyone :]
There’s been a lot of people asking how I do my stuff, I normally hate it when people ask me but as a lot of yous have helped me out I thought it was the least I could do. Okay well the piece I’m going to be showing is one of my more simpler designs for senses fail. Without further ado, lets get this ball rollin’!
1) Research, research, research. I always look into what I’m about to design, as I was not given a specific design to run with, I just went with the usual stuff you see on tattoos, skulls, hearts, scrolls and roses. as I use to do tattoo flashes back in the day, I didn’t really have to research into anything, but normally, if the client is asking for something specific, I research really deep into it.
2) I do a really rough sketch of what I’m going to do, just so I have a basic feel of what I’m going to be drawing.
3) After I have a basic feel of what I’m going to be doing, I do the line work very simply, no details or anything just yet.
4) After I do the basic line work, here comes the fun part, the details, here is the details.
5) I the scan it into my computer and “trace” it in Illustrator. I put it back into photoshop and the first thing I add is the base colors, so I know where everything goes and whatnot.
6) After I’ve come up with the color scheme, and where the colors will be going, I do the halftones to give the design a little bit more variety.
7) When I’m happy with the halftones and how everything looks, I add the shading and highlights.
8) When that’s all done, I do the scratches that I usually have over designs to give it that worn out look and feel.
9) I then work on a background, this time its a basic circle shape I created, so it didn’t take long, but I usually spend a little bit of time on backgrounds.
And voila, that’s it :]
I will be doing a design process of my DBH 1oK sub which is going to be detailed and huge as F*CK! so keep an eye out for that :]
thanks for reading!
Need an E-Commerce Website?
Shopify is perfect for beginners and experts. You don’t need to have any technical or design experience to easily create a beautiful online store with your branding. Choose from tons of well designed e-commerce templates that look great on desktops, phones, and tablets. Easily customize, create pages, add products, and you’re pretty much ready to accept payments. Plans come with a free no risk 30 day trial period.
Check out our in depth review of Shopify here and see why Shopify is our number 1 recommended shop for clothing companies.
– Says Jeffery Kalmikoff, Former CCO of Threadless.com
Start your own clothing company and become the next Mark Ecko, Obey, or Johnny Cupcakes! Learn how to dominate the t-shirt business.
How to Start and Grow your Own Clothing Company
How to Build a Massive Following Using Social Media
Case Studies and Interviews with the Best of the Best